Monday, April 6, 2009

Mondays Menu

Ok - so from the last post you know that I have a well stocked kitchen. I shouldn't have problems putting a menu for dinner together, right? The problem is that I have too much stuff :) I can't decide what to put with what.

So I'm going eclectic for tonight. I've got some teryaki chicken going in the crock, I think I'm going to make a BLT salad with Blue cheese dresssing and some sweet potato fries or maybe chips. I think the fries will be easier. I usually just cut them into "skinny" fries, zap them in the microwave so they crisp up a bit better in the oven, toss them in olive oil and bake them.

Here's a spice mix recipe that's yummy on them:1/4 tsp smoked Paprika, 1/4 tsp Chili Powder, 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes and 1/4 tsp SaltBlack Pepper. Put it on as soon as they come out of the oven.

Can you tell I'm hungry today :)

8 comments:

Swami said...

I think soon you will be very full.

Can you believe I have never had sweet potato fries? Never had 'em.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Oh, your sweet potato fries sound Yummy, TummY!

Breezy said...

You can also parboil the taters to make them crisp up when baking.

Tummy said...

I am full Swami, they were Mom...I've done both ways Breezy - zapping them is easier to me. I didn't have any red pepper flakes so used ground red pepper and added a little brown sugar. They were very good.

Zombs said...

I mkae sweet potato fries all the time! The kids love them. I never heard of doing the microwave thing. What is parboiled? How long do I microwave for?

We usually put a spicy chipolte dusting over them. Spicy yet sweet. Like me!

Tummy said...

From wiki -partial boiling of food in order to later finish cooking it.

I put a heaped up platter of fries in the microwave for 2 minutes then toss them around and do for 2 more. Until they're all soft.

I'm going to buy a bunch more and then play with different seasonings.

kim (weltek) said...

I started doing the chips in the microwave to dry them out a bit before oven baking them, too! The microwave-only method (no oven baking) didn't work well for me.

Got any leftovers?

maroonclown said...

Oooohhhh!

I love sweet potato fries but could never get them to crisp in the oven - even using the baking stone.

I will most definitely try the nuke method.