Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Observations

So the thing that I thought might happen happened. Rob is now looking for another job, but it's all good. He'll find something, I just don't want him going over the road again unless it's absolutely neccessary.

So here's the thing - I asked him to go grocery shopping for me since he has a little more free time than I do right now. OMG, what was I thinking.

You know, I should have been prepared. I remember his place when he was a bachelor. He was THE GUY that waited until the only items left in his fridge were half a lemon and something turning green. Then he'd go grocery shopping. He'd buy everything that looked even vaguely good. By the time he reached the checkout counter his cart was packed higher than a mom's cart with ten kids. Of course, that didn't stop him from trying to go to the 20-items-or-less lane.

I don't have anywhere to put this stuff! What 40-something year old buys Bugles and Funyons for crying out loud. Why do I want to go into giggle fits when I ask where my Bare Naked cereal is and he says the Count Chocula looked better? Do we really need 4 boxes of strawberry frozen fruit bars (though I do admit those are yummy, but 4?!) Since when did we start eating olives with garlic stuff in them?! I didn't even know they still made Pickleloaf! Ewwww.

I could go on and on... oh, believe me I could go on.

*sigh I do love him though and the teenage boy still trapped inside that he lets out to play everyonceinawhile. :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the days of Funyons. Bugles, not so much. But yes on the Funyons.

I remember BBQ Fritos and Dr. Pepper. And those big Kosher pickles.

My husband always comes home with Oreos, a Hershey Bar, or Skittles. Sometimes all three.

When we were on a break, I remember looking in his pantry and finding Dinty Moore Beef Stew and a ot of Chef Boyardee.

Anonymous said...

*steals Strawberry juice bar8

I love those things.

Swami said...

Men are such junk food machines. This? is a big complaint with me because Tom mostly brings home junk I don't like. He is especially fond of potato chips with creepy flavors, like cinnamon-garlic potato chips (or some fool thing). Why can he not just bring home the classics!?!

I have never had a Bugle. May have some garlic stuffed olives?

Tummy said...

I told him next time he was on a junk food binge he'd better bring me some Fritos and bean dip!

Seriously, I have a small galley kitchen. I don't know where to put everything he bought! I think the things that have a long shelf life I am going to put in the camping box. Everyone likes junk food when they're camping, right?

maroonclown said...

Mmmmmmm - Bugles. Them's good eatin'.

Tummy said...

I'm starting to think I should have just blogged about Bugles. :O

Breezy said...

Never send the man grocery shopping. My grocery bill easily doubles if DBF goes with me. They just start throwing things in the cart. I don't think they even "see" what it is, it just had pretty colors with big words on it.

Tummy said...

Laughing at Breezy. So true. There were freaking Slim Jims (you know those nasty beef jerky wannabes) down in the bottom of one of the bags. You know that was a last minute standing in line brainfart!

~Nutz said...

LOL! Sounds like Mr. Nutz's shopping trips! He is also a 17 year old trapped in a 40-something year old body. *grin*

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

I try as often as possible to NOT let my hubby go shopping, ice cream usually appears in his cart when he does!