Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Menu

I am obviously all about food lately! And not in a healthy way :) But ce la vie, or something like that.

I'm having Easter at my house, only I've changed the day from Easter Sunday to Easter Saturday as the weather is going to be beautiful on Saturday and Thunderstormy on Sunday. As croquet is an integral part of Easter than I need beautiful weather. And really, who's to say Jesus didn't rise on a Saturday!

So here's my menu for Easter Saturday:
proscuitto and basil pinwheels with mascarpone cheese - making these Friday
pear, gorganzola, walnut salad with red wine vinagrette
spiral ham with brown sugar mustard rub
purple potato salad - sil is making
cowboy beans - a friend is bringing - and really I don't know the difference between regular baked beans and cowboy beans
corn on the cob - Mom is bringing
hot rolls with honey basil butter - rolls I'm buying from the freezer section :), butter is easyschmeasy to make
Breezy's Zinger cake

Ok - I'm hungry. Have been hungry for days! And it's not like I'm not eating.

I love all things Easter - as a questioning Christian there's a feeling of renewal about Easter, and who doesn't love bunnies and colored eggs!

Happy Easter Saturday, everyone :)

5 comments:

Puffy said...

Happy Easter! We have a croquet set but rarely play.

Anonymous said...

I know I responded here yesterday, but I don't see my comment. And it was about the sweet potatoes.

I'm all about sweet potatoes these days. I could eat them everyday. In fact, we had them on Sunday, then again yesterday.

I'm hungry all the time too Tummy. I'm in a big battle with myself right not about food. It ain't pretty.

I think we are having some sort of golf-watching party at our house on Sunday. We used to go to Meemaw's, have an egg hunt for the kids and then play "Poker for Jesus."

I have no clue what our menu will be for Sunday. I guess I'll have to figure out who is coming over and go from there.

Swami said...

What time should I be there? Your food spread sounds wonderful!

My only Easter traditions are coloring eggs (almost every year) and watching The Ten Commandments where I start rooting for Ramses about halfway through. Moses is just way too self-righteous & religiousy. Plus he drowns horses in the red sea! That is SO evil.

Max & I will go to the movies because that's what we do on Sundays.

Tummy said...

All this talk about Sunday! Did you not get the memo people - Easter is on Saturday this year! :)

Lunch will be around 1, croquet around 3. We do play Poison so beware. And I will Send you! Unless I hit my toe instead of the ball...hey, it's been known to happen. Doesn't deter me from trying though. *grin

Anonymous said...

We play Poison too.

I can't make it on Saturday. I have T-Ball, Pizza and the Hannah Montanna movie. *sigh*

Also, I'm changing your link on my blog from Tummy to Yummy.