Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Still Irritated

I got really peeved lastnight and slept on it and I'm still irritated. Rob says I'm making much ado about nothing - so here's the scenario and you tell me if you'd still be irritated.

Yesterday was my BF's birthday. We always meet her parents and her family for dinner. Invariably her Dad wants to pick up the whole check which I appreciate but would rather pick up our own. Sometimes he one ups me and other times I'm quicker than he.

So lastnight we go to Carrabas - we're the first ones there so I tell our waitress right off the bat that Rob and I are on one ticket. Therefore, I don't have a problem with ordering drinks, getting what I want instead of being cost conscious, ect.

So we eat, have a good time and enjoy our food and friends. Time for the bill comes and she asks how we want it split up, I catch her eye and motion between Rob and I and she nods her head. BF's Dad says he wants it all. So I get busy talking and then notice that "Dad" has a bill and is paying. I motion our waitress over and ask for ours, "oh, I went ahead and put it all on one since he said he wanted it all." WTF! What part of a seperate ticket did she not understand?

I chose not to make a scene, but I wanted to. But what a little twit. Grrr.

6 comments:

maroonclown said...

You're right. Total twittage.

From now on you'll have to dumb it down even further by saying, "we're on a separate bill, no matter what anyone else at our table should suggest".

Anonymous said...

Agree with MC. I've had that happen many times as well, especially with one of Michael's golfing buddies.

Swami said...

You forgot to mention that you are the person in charge of leaving the tip for your whole group. This is the best way to have waitpeople listen to and remember your requests, otherwise they will do whatever is the least amount of work - like total up only one ticket instead of multiple tickets.

Tummy said...

I did tell her "that just because he has gray hair that doesn't mean he tips better, something to think on next time".

Puffy said...

I understand how you feel, but perhaps he wanted to host the birthday dinner and have you be his guests.

Breezy said...

I'm with Puffy on this one. Yes it's annoying that the waitress didn't do as you asked.... but... but why go against the old guy's wishes? He wanted to treat everyone to a nice dinner, I wouldn't have taken that away from him.