Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Boo - I need you to come to my house....

for a few days.

This is the weekend of the October birthdays - every year I throw a bbq, or bingo day or croquet tournament in honor of all the October birthdays in the family. My mothers, mine, my twin nieces and my BF's.

This year I'm doing a murder mystery dinner at my house. It's a 48 page print out that I should have done last week! So I need Boo to come and get me organized!

It's "The Assassination at the Annual Superhero Assembly - dress up time! :) I've assigned rolls and figured out I'm going simple with the dinner. Appetizer - bruschetta - people mingle, exchange info from clue sheets, then there's a Superhero dance-off. Dinner - salad and lasagne - exchange info from clue sheets - and guess what Superhero Item I am -play Super Movie clue - then someone dies. Dessert - Breezy's zinger cake and coffee - solve murder.

But there's alot of prep work. Ack! I wasn't taking Friday off, but I am now! I need a list people- where's Boo when you need her!

10 comments:

frodis said...

You need clever theme names for your menu items. Like, "Vendetta Bruchetta."

*runs away after adding to workload*

Tummy said...

Fro - I nominate you to come up with names! You were so clever with the Bruchetta - truly :) and I'm using it!

frodis said...

I can't guarantee that they'll all be winners.

Since dessert is when the mystery is solved: Point the Finger Zinger cake?

Breezy said...

LOL Love the Point the Finger Zinger Cake.

Tummy said...

Perfect! I lvoe you. :)

Anonymous said...

I hate to tell you this, but if I had one more thing to do this weekend, your murder mystery might be a real one. In fact, I'm not certain there isn't going to be a real one today. I'm hosting a three-day academy, and I am seriously about to wrap my hands around someone's neck.

Your party sounds like so much fun. I have always wanted to do one of these. I think I may try it in January or February when it's cold.

Tummy said...

Rob took me to a B&B Murder Mystery weekend one year for my birthday. We had a ball. I was the Super Sleuth. :)

So I found a website that I could purchase one - pretty cheap - 29.95. It's pretty straightforward, just wish I'd started prepping sooner!

I hate working on my birthday.

Puffy said...

I love the theme! I went to a Murder Mystery at a restaurant and it was so much fun. Everyone will always remember this party!

Murderous milkshake? Murderous margaritas? Shots that are already shot? Coffin coffee? Lynching lasagne?

Tummy said...

Love Lynching Lasagne Puff!

kim (weltek) said...

What time should I be there? *practices my superhero dancing*

Maybe the Big Bang guys can help you plan?