Thursday, October 8, 2009

Be careful what you wish for....

You know that old saying, right? It's another way of saying that I'm never satisfied isn't it?

Remember back when Rob was driving over the road and he'd come home every 6 - 8 weeks and I was a big whine bag because of his away time. And then he got off the truck and started a local job here. Monday thru Friday, some weekends. Meaning he was ALWAYS home.

My house seemed to implode after that happened. His guy stuff creeped into a well organized home, I'd walk into the bathroom to find he'd un-earthed a beach towel to use as a bath towel (why? who knows). He wouldn't put things back where they'd been for over a year in the kitchen. *SIGH

And then he got a puppy! I'd forgotten how much work a puppy was. Diesel and I escape to the bedroom some nights to escape Demon Puppy sometimes. We lay there and lament about the good ol' days when I had my house and he had a puppy-free run of the house. We whine.

Well, last Monday he got laid off. Ack! both of us at the same time? Geez.

So yesterday, Rob gets a new job. Which will involve traveling- they'll fly him where he needs to go and he'll be gone at the most 2 weeks and then home for a few days before leaving again.

I'm hoping this is a middle ground to my two whines. :) Diesel - he's just sol.

editing - because I think this should be called a PMS post - I don't usually get mad that when I ask him to pick up a head of cauliflower while he's out and he brings me back the itsyest bitsyest head of cauliflower ever. But I am, I'm mad. *sigh



I've been on a bitchy rant this week, haven't I?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you have. :)

What happens to the poor puppy while Rob is gone?

I was in a somewhat similar boat last week. I was happy Michael was gone on a golf trip, then not happy he wasn't there to help out.

kim (weltek) said...

I get it, I really do.

Sorry DH got laid off, but yay for him quickly finding a new job! Will you now be stuck on more puppy duty? Yuck.

Tummy said...

Poor puppy my ass - puppy from hell is more like it! Thank goodness he's losing his puppy teeth. He is showing signs of growing out of his terrible two's though. I know, he's only about 4 mos old but in puppy years that's the terrible two's, right?

He's pretty much got the housebroken thing down though, thanks goodness! Otherwise, I think I'd have to try to pack him in Rob's suitcase!

Thinking a Lush bath and some glasses of wine tonight to help get me out of this snit! I don't like being snitty.

kim (weltek) said...

Close the door so the puppy doesn't take a bath with you. :-)