Monday, November 24, 2008

Homebodies

This weekend was my first planned me weekend in a while. Lately I've spent weekends with mother-in-law, mom and friends, friends and sister, ect. This past weekend I had planned on seeing no one and going nowhere.

Guess what. Wrong. My sister calls and says "hey, what are you doing this weekend." Me: "Absolutely, nothing. I'm staying at home, cleaning and baking. Deep cleaning and lots of baking." Her: "oh, good. I'm going to come over and help you bake and clean". Me: a silent groan. I use to be so good at saying No, ask Bre. Now, I'm a total wimp.

So Kel comes over Friday night and we go to Chili's, where I have the Shanghai-lite wings and a Chambord margarita. After 2 margaritas I'm not up to baking so we come home and watch PS I love you. Again.

Mom calls the next morning, finds out Kel is here and says she's taking us to lunch. Sigh :) So I have lunch with the sister and the mother and we, yes I take on the responsibility that it was my decision also, decide to go see Twilight. Yum. Totally satisfied with that movie.

I scored on talking them into taking me home while they went to Wal-Mart :) Gave Kel my list *evil grin and started deep cleaning my bedroom. I cleaned out my closet, dusted every nook and cranny, swept, mopped and then mopped again with Orangewhatever. Went thru dresser drawers and bagged stuff I haven't worn in forever, ect. I got the whole room done before Kel got back, that's how much shopping I gave her.

So we get the car unloaded and stuff put away and I'm still in a cleaning mood. Which puts Kel in a cleaning mood. We put INXS, Matchbox 20, OAR, Aerosmith and Garth Brooks in the cd player and shake the walls. Poor Diesel thought a tornado was coming. By the time Garth had sung his last song and we had polished off a bottle of moscato my house was clean, we were tired and it felt good.

My house was clean if you just didn't pay attention. I don't live in clutter, but if you stopped the ceiling fans from spinning....ack! So now I'm happy, all those little places shine as bright as the whole :)

Our baking on the other hand didn't go so well. I baked cookies, that I am not sending to my cookies swap peeps. They are just not....I don't know, they're just not. I'm trying others today.
Kelley's pumpkin gingerbread cake is as heavy as a stone. And we forgot bourbon for the bourban cake and rum for the rum balls. *sigh

Anyway, I have to go to the liquor store today and back to the grocery store. Ick.
Hope everyone's weekend was productive or at least restful.

PS I unlocked the freaking yogo pose where you stand on tiptoes and then go into a squat. Ack!

6 comments:

Puffy said...

I was desperate for a "me" weekend myself. I succeeded about 1/2 the time.

Swami said...

Mostly I am pretty happy that my sisters live in different states or countries from me. Maybe if I had the kind of sisters who would actually help with cleaning things would be different... Nah - they can stay where they are!

Anonymous said...

Next Monday was supposed to be a "Me" day. But since I had to take yesterday off and will probably take half of today off, I'm going to wait and see about Monday.

Today is my last official house cleaning by Kim. I did go and buy myself about $200 worth of new cleaning stuff. I'll be so ready to go in about two weeks.

I cleaned out one closet on Saturday. One. I also cleaned out the cabinet of the entertainment center. That was a biggie.

Seana said...

Yay for being in the mood to clean. It feels so good to get all that done. Even if no-one else notices that the ceiling fans are dust-free, you know.

kim (weltek) said...

I like "me" weekends. Sorry yours got interrupted, but sounds like it was still fun! Especially the part where your sis did your shopping.

I have the same kind of "clean" at my house. It's not cluttered, but could use a good deep clean.

Bravie said...

We accomplished a lot of our to do list this weekend. I still have a couple of things to tackle today to finish that list. Very productive weekend if I do say so myself.
Also, I received something in the mail from Fedex. I THINK it is from an OTer. I don't want to send him a PM in case it isn't him. You wouldn't happen to know how I could find out for sure if it was who I think it was, would you? *squinty eyes*