Monday, November 17, 2008

WooHoo - I'm not middle age!


My bestfriend Lori, in the pic with her daughter Ashley, came over Saturday. We shopped, and drank coffee and ate pie. Then we decided we needed either 1) a nap or 2) to Wii some of that pie off. After deciding 1) fit way better into our weekend, we'd snuggled onto our respective couches with throws and pillows and PS I love you playing on the tv. I'm just drifting off, when my phone rings. It's my sister, Kelley....to make a long conversation short, somehow I invited her up and told her we'd go out. So now I have two divorcees on my hands and a promise of drinking. OMG I'm a gluten for punishment :)
.
The pie has long left our bodies by the time Kel shows, so we decide to go to Chili's to have some appetizers and drinks, first. I'm thinking "first?", that's usually my first, middle and last!
Lori's a lightweight and halfway thru her first beer we're talking about the frustrations of being single, ifyouknowwhatimean. Ok, we're in the bar part, but Lori's loud and I don't think Chili's patrons found our loud laughter and the word orgasm particularly appetizing. Our waitress did love us though, college girls are easily amused *grin
.
I had beer at home, but they both wanted to go to the bar. Ok, we do have bars, but one in particular I do like, it reminds me of the bar in Cheers, you know the Cheers bar in Cheers. So we go. I'm driving the Mini Coop *grin as I'm the only one not tipsy. So as driver I decide to put the top down. Mind you, it's freaking cold out, but I'm smaht, I've got the heater on high *grin again.
.
It's kind of quiet in the bar, but thankfully a couple of the guys from the hospital that I've helped out on a couple of projects were there. I think they took pity on me and helped babysit. We played shuffleboard, had some laughs and the girls got some safe male attention.
.
On the way home, they wanted to go dancing. I lied and told them we had no dancing clubs around. Ok, maybe that was a copout but first off I didn't want to go, second they were drunk and it was easier to lie and third....I'm married..I don't do what I wouldn't want Rob to do, and if all of a sudden all of the guys he pals around with were single and searching I wouldn't want him going clubbing. Would you feel the same way? I pondered that lastnight. I would feel comfortable and have if he's just going out to drink a beer or two with friends, but I wouldn't want him clubbing with those friends. Give me your take.
.
So yesterday, we slept late and then went out and had breakfast. Holy heck, you'd think we were linebackers. Our table was so laden with food I thought it was going to break! It was goooood. :) I got help with some yardwork, heeheeheehee and we had good coffee and conversation on the deck. The weather was great. And Kelley set Lori up a myspace page, but the dork left her myspace page up and signed in on my computer when she left to go home.
.
So.....as the "evil" big sister I changed all of her preferences :) I changed her music to classical, her tagline to "I like to suck on hairy, old men toes", I embedded "my sister is way prettier and funnier than me" into her general blurb, her tv shows to Barney and PowerRangers and books to "I've graduated from picture books to chapter books, I particularly like the 3rd grade reader". Snort Oh, her heroes. Changed to "my sister, because she's so funny!". I got a call at 11:30 lastnight, I couldn't answer because I was laughing so hard. I was also called a "little turd". Ha!
.
Anyway, it was a good weekend. And as we had a "girls night out" I proclaim myself NOT Middle Age! Yay, me.

8 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

LOL-You are a hoot! I love the facebook evil. :-)

I'm not a dancer (just ask Bravie, Breezy & Boo), so I'm not a club fan. But then again, for a girls night out, they can be fun for a short while. I think the key is "a short while." The drinking and close proximity of peeps makes me leary as the night grows long. Judgment can go out the window. I wouldn't mind if DH went once or twice for a short time, but wouldn't like it if it were an all-night hangout he went to often with the guys.

maroonclown said...

Nice Facebook evilness.

I agree with Kim. Henceforth, we do most of our drinking at home, where it's safe.

DH doesn't really have any friends, and I'm pretty short on them as well, so we just hang out together. I don't think it would bother me if he was to have a boy's night out but I only say that because it doesn't happen. I might have a different opinion if it happened regularly.

Tummy said...

MC - why can't I get into your blog?

I am evil and wicked...I was also called wicked today....I kind of like that :)

Tummy said...

Nevermind MC.

Bravie said...

I'm with Kim and MC. Out for a bit is okay. Michelle went out last Friday night to some club and it didn't bother me. I didn't know she was going and didn't know she had gone until she told me the next day.

Tummy said...

Ack, now I'm starting to think I'm insecure about the whole clubbing thing. To me there's just a difference between going to a bar and having a few beers, playing some pool and having a good time vs. going to a club, especially with people that's "looking". Sigh, now I'm really going to have to analyze this!

Anonymous said...

LOL at the facebook thing. That's why no one has my passwords.

There are times Tummy when I wish my husband would go out more. He used to before Conner was born. Now he really doesn't - every now and then he will go to a bar with a group of guys.

He's not a dancer. He would likely not go to a dance club. If he did, I most likely wouldn't mind, but I also don't think I would like him going all the time. I can see your point.

By the way, I'm not a dancer either. But I am one hell of a pool player. *grin*

Seana said...

I agree that MC should only drink at home. Well, maybe just mostly, because she is such a kick to hang out with.

LOL @ changing the sister's settings.