Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Birthdays Week and Poached Eggs

This is Birthday week - as I previously posted this was the BFF's 40th, my Mom's is today and mine is Saturday.

I spent the day with my mom at the hospital yesterday. She had a kidney stone that wouldn't pass. She's recuperating today. In a few weeks we'll do it all over again for her other kidney. Fun! No fun birthday for her this year.

Saturday Rob's throwing me a cookout at the river. This. I am looking forward too!

And on a different note - I find myself loving poached eggs. I owe it all to Gordon Ramsey. He always makes a big deal out of a perfectly poached egg, so I took that as a personal challenge. I googled and researched and watched some youtube videos. And then attempted my first poached egg. And then I attempted again - as the first on was a complete failure. By my seventh egg I was a egg poaching machine. They're so silky - I had to search for that word - no grease - egg white cooked thru - yellow warm and runny. Some salt and fresh cracked pepper and yummy! I think Rob is getting a bit burnt out on all the poachy goodness, but I think if I can make a good eggs benedict he'll be happy again. :) Off to watch a few youtubes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you and your important ladies! Enjoy Saturday.

I hope your mom is feeling better. I had a stone when I was pregnant with Conner. Agree, no fun.

LOL. I suddenly am craving eggs benedict. I've been nuking them at work for breakfast, and they've been working out well.

Puffy said...

Happy Birthday! I can't even stand the thought of runny eggs.