Tuesday, March 10, 2009

If your happy and you know it clap your hands

*clap, clap, clap

So many reasons to be happy..

1. Bre comes home the end of next month
1a. Mike will already be there and is picking her up, has reserved a room in Honolulu and the next day taking her on an inter-island cruise. He's got me searching for diamond earring to give her for her belated birthday gift. Hence reason 1a, I love my kid's guy.

2. It's daylight savings time and even though it's only March, DST makes it seem like winter is behind us.

3. My fruit trees are in bloom, as are my forsynthia, daffodils and crocus. My weeping cherry looks like a firecracker exploded in pink. :)
3a. This makes the trainwreck that is still my yard from the icestorm not look like such a wreck.

4. Rob has a local job now, which means I get a normal life again. Yay!
4a. Though we are still in re-housebreaking mode there is improvement.

5. Kay laid an egg, so there are many wasted hours of egg-watching and hopefully baby red-tail hawk watching in my future.

6. I spent the weekend messing around with Maverick - my horse- as the weather warms his demeanor and movement improves making me hopefully he has one more good Spring and Summer and Autumn to enjoy. I know I probably should have made The Decision last winter, but it's hard. One more Springtime for Maverick makes me happy, though I'll know all summer that That Time is looming.

7 comments:

maroonclown said...

I can't believe the time has gone by so fast and Bre is coming home - and coming home to some bling too!

DST is way to early this year and EST was way too late. The time change really bothers me.

We had one clock in the house that we didn't change last Fall. I'm thinking I might change it now so it's still off by an hour. I was rather used to it.

Cutsy said...

Come on end of March!!! I'm so glad that she's almost done and that you like her boyfriend.

I love when spring comes just don't like adjusting to the time change.

Puffy said...

Just reading your blog post makes me happy! Fruit trees with blossoms on them this time of year are so pretty.

Swami said...

*clap clap* for Bre coming home soon!
*clap clap* for her nice BF!

2. Daylight savings time just annoys me. It serves no purpose.

3. It is minus 5 degrees this morning - all blooms are at least 6 to 8 weeks away. Forsythia is my first bloomer, and so it is totally welcome!
3a. We're still in icestorm mode.

4. *clap clap* for Rob's job.
4a. Many good things have a small downside, lol.

5. Can you set up a cam? Our neighboring town has a peregrine falcon nest-cam on a site the falcons use every year waaaay up on a tower. The cam is like, right. there.

6. Oh no! How old is Maverick? Hang in there, Maverick!

Buggy said...

All good news!
This entry amde me smile!
Yea Bre!!

Anonymous said...

Great news about Bre! I'm so happy for you Tummy.

I agree that DST is too early. And my body still has not adjusted - especially in the morning.

Spring cannot get here fast enough. I am totally done with winter. Totally.

kim (weltek) said...

Yay for Bre AND for DH getting a local job! I'm sure that will take some adjustment, though!