Monday, February 23, 2009

It's Good to be Home

Things I missed.....Rob, Diesel, my bed (I took my pillow though) and down comforter, my comfy threadbare pj's, my morning tea, my office chair, my tv programs. I'm sure there's more but these are the things that come to mind.

The trip was good. And things went really well with my friend that lost her son, well as really well as can be expected. She and I and another friend spent 4 evenings together with tears but also laughter. It was emotional and draining but also fulfilling and cathartic. And I'm telling you right now if you sense something's off make them talk to you even if you feel like you're picking at a scab they'd rather have left alone. And hug your kids today and tell them they are loved.

While I was gone Rob built me two shelves I'd been hinting that I wanted. One was to get my microwave up off the cabinet. It's great and I feel like I have an acre more countertop! The other is in the living room, up over the windows. I have some breakables I'd like up and away from people, plus this last Christmas I realized I have nothing to hang stockings from. Now I do :).

He also worked his butt off getting alot of these downed trees chainsawed and piled up. We still have alot more and alot of fencing to fix but at least it was a start.

I ate at some awesome places down in Dripping and got on the Wii Fit this morning to find I had gained two pounds. Ugh. I'm starting Weight Watchers this week, I need structure, so I'm biting the bullet. Wish me strength *sigh.

Oh, and I Juvedermed my lips. So once again.....Kiss me! :) I just did it a little. Now that the swelling has gone down they're not bad, though I have a bruise that makes me look like I have a Hitler mustache. Not sure if I would do it again, but since it was free the temptation to see was too great.

6 comments:

Puffy said...

Juvederm? I'll have to google that one. It's good that you were there to support your friend for a few days. What a nightmare!

By the way, I couldn't access your blog for a few days. I got the site, but it was blank.

Anonymous said...

*hangs out with Puffy at Google*

Interesting. Hopefully you don't look like Goldie Hawn in The First Wives Club.

Did it hurt?

Welcome Back!

Tummy said...

I was blank!? Ack :)

I had him do it really lightly. Just smoothed out the vermillion. But I had a reaction to the numbing shots, so between that and the Juvederm I had huge blowfish lips for the weekend. Like Angelina lips times 10. I was a teeny bit scared I would stay that way.

But now the swellings gone and the bruising has faded, now I have the lips I had at 18. If I could only get the oobies I had when 18 *sigh. I don't think they give those out for free, though.

Seana said...

More Googling here.

The thought of needles in my face makes me feel icky. I'm sure you look great.

On a more serious note, please let me echo Puffy's sentiment: it's good that your friend could look to you in her time of need.

Swami said...

Needles in my lips would totally freak me out. I'm not sure if even the prospect of 18 year old lips would make it all worth while. However, I would do just about anything for an 18 year-old ass again!

Yay for the shelves! I am a great fan of shelves! Probably because I collect too many categories of things that need to be shelved.

Your trip sounds like it was a postive experience all around. Good for you - helping to "pick at" that scab. I wuss out on stuff like that.

Cutsy said...

Hi Tummy! Sounds like a good trip for the mom especially. I can't imagine her pain. We still have trees that need to be worked on from two christmases ago! Now I must google juvederm.