Friday, January 2, 2009

A Man Who Cries is Sexy

I don't care what anyone says, a man that is comfortable enough in his own skin to cry during a movie turns me on. *grin

We went to see Marley and Me lastnight. Tears are streaming down my face because I don't want Rob to know how hard I'm crying so I don't wipe them away. It wouldn't do any good anyway, as I have many that would just take their place.

I notice Rob's hand is holding mine a little tighter and then his knee starts bouncing. When Rob gets emotional he becomes a knee bouncer. I always kid him that, that is his "tell". So I surreptitiously look over and "awwww" Rob's got tears glittering in his eyes. And then one falls over his lashes and slowly treks down his cheek. He doesn't see me looking, but raises our hands and without thought brushes it away. I now have a tear resting on my knuckle and a melted heart. *sigh



Loved the movie. Had a great New Year with a good party to boot. Hope everyone else did too! I'll probably be back to post about the Great Partini New Year's party of 2009 :) later. We're leaving for Springfield now so I've got to get my behind in gear.

9 comments:

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

I agree Tummy! That is one of the things I really loved about my hubby before I agreed to marry him- that he could be emotional, and cry!

Puffy said...

I saw three different movies. They all had the same type of ending.

*sobs*

Bravie said...

Very sweet. *smooch*

Glowie said...

I totally agree with the title of this post. My wonderful husband cried during Marley and Me too. We went with my sister and niece and nephew. We all cried and none of us tried to hide it. Well, my nephew (who LOVES Shawn) looked over at him a few times. If somebody as manly as Shawn could shed tears at a movie, well hell, it must be okay, so he stopped trying to hide it.

Swami said...

How sweet. I agree with you totally!

I've never seen my Tom cry during a movie - but then we rarely go to movies together and nobody cries at an action flick, lol. He cries every time someone's mom dies. Every.time. Whether he knew the person well or just casually. I don't know what he'll do when his 88 year-old mother passes...

Kimmah said...

I totally agree.

maroonclown said...

The only way my hubby will cry is if I pluck his nose hair, or pinch his nipple.

But I lvoe him because he doesn't make fun of me when I cry during animated movies.

~Nutz said...

That is sweet!

Happy new year!

Silvergirl said...

Happy New Year, Tummy!

My man cries at movies, and when we were engaged, he cried at a musical concert, because the music was so unbelievably beautiful. I cried, too, though, as most people who were there did at the time.

We haven't seen Marley and Me yet, but I will put it on our list of must sees.