Tuesday, January 20, 2009

44

I think I can now relate to how my parents generation felt when JFK was sworn in. I have a feeling of hope, inspiration, lightness. Something else that struck me today - none of these feelings come from the fact I'm watching a black man become President of the United States. Obama has become colorless to me.

I wrote quite a bit about my dislike of the Bush Administration here but decided to delete all of that and keep this on a more positive note.

I agree with what Boo wrote Over There. I think Obama has that something that gives people hope and makes them want to do better. I also think he's a very intelligent man and is not going to surround himself with Yes Men.

I personally would not want to have his job. But I pray that he does the best he can and makes the right decisions in the years to come.

And - I'll say it now. Will Smith will play Obama in a future movie. *grin

6 comments:

Asrai said...

I'm in complete agreeance with you, TumTum!

BTW, "agreeance" is right, but spellcheck still says it's wrong. And? It looks wrong no matter how I spell it!

Tummy said...

You're right "agreeance" does look weird. Though I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it if you hadn't have pointed that out. *grin

Asrai said...

@twirl@

Swami said...

I think Obama has also said he would like Will Smith to play him in any future movie. This is fine with me!

Puffy said...

I agree with your post. Obama agrees with you, too. He'd like Will Smith to play him...because of the similarity in ears.

Bravie said...

I too completely agree. I smiled all day and everyday he does something else that makes me smile.