Thursday, October 30, 2008

Purchases

I am not a shopper, or maybe it's that I'm not a buyer. I will ohhhh and ahhhh over something, carry it around with me and then put it back before we get to check out. I have always been that way. But sometimes I get into a splurging mode, usually it happens around this time of year, I think it's because of my birthday. So far this month, we (mainly I) have purchased:

Wii and Wii Fit - Rob bought this but it was for me
A duvet cover - it's scrumptious, chocolate brown stripe on stripe 1200 tc - I justify the cost as it will save money in the long run not having to take the down comforter into the dry cleaners
1200 tc sheets- Hey they gave me 10.00 off since I bought the duvet cover - again chocolate stripe on stripe
Fiesta chili bowls - multi colored, love them
Lush - gift card so that shouldn't count
A bunch of stuff for Bre - I should get to take that off my taxes as a donation to the US Services, right? :)
And a black leather shag rug - can't wait until it gets here
oh and 3 wool sweaters for Rob - I had to throw him a bone so he wouldn't squeak so much *grin

I think I have done my part to help our economy.
I justify all of the above because I either saved or it was birthday money. Nothing was purchased with credit. Besides I only have 3 more Christmas presents to buy.

8 comments:

frodis said...

I get into a periodic splurging mode and then I go into a long period of frugality to make up for it.

I think I want Wii Fit but not until next year.

I'm having a hard time picturing a leather shag rug.

Breezy said...

I go through spurts like that too.

I'm going to start on Christmas gifts this weekend. (making them that is)

kim (weltek) said...

*makes whiney mocking voice* "Besides I only have 3 more Christmas presents to buy."

Bite me.

Tummy said...

*snort Kim

neener, neener, neener

But I have lotsa cookies to make!

Puffy said...

I want to check into the Wii Fit. The leather shag rug sounds kinky. I'm with Fro...alternating between splurging and frugality, however I'm not a "shopper" either. I like the phrase "buyer" instead of "shopper."

Bravie said...

I love my Wii. Next weekend I am going to open my Wii Jillian and have her kick my ass. I can't wait.

Tummy said...

Bravie - I was going to ask you about your Jillian. It will be many months - many- before hula hoop quits kicking my ass :) so I think I won't be buying Jillian until 2010! *snort

Swami said...

That's a pretty impressive list for a non-shopper!

I love new sheets, and all sheets must have a pattern of either stripiness or random tone-on-tone mottling.

These are special bowls, just for eating chili? I love the Fiesta rainbow-striped wares! When my middle DD moved into her first apartment this summer that was my house-warming gift for her.

Go for it! :)

Leather shag rugs rock! My neighbor has a dark brown one and I just love it.

I never buy Mr Swami clothes because he is extremely picky and always takes them back. So poo! to him.

Uh - Happy Birthday! I must have missed your birthday celebration, wherever it was online.