Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's my Birthday and I'll laugh if I want to........

Yep, it really is my birthday today, even if Agman started my birthday thread 2 days early *snort

I got a call at 3 am from Bre, wishing me a happy birthday. That made it a good birthday already, day done, I can call it a good one. I don't want to bore anyone with Bre stuff all the time but I'm saying here, my kid is better than I am. Her bathroom. a port a potty. Eight months with just a port a potty. Ewwww. I know, there's other things over there that are so much worse, but ick, having to go to the bathroom in a port a potty for 8 months would rank very high on my list of why I would be a whiner. But Bre. She's fine with it. *sigh I don't know where she gets her fortitude. Ok, enough Bre talk. Oh wait, I sent my first care package yesterday, anxious to see how long it takes to get there.

My MIL called me at 7:30 to wish me a happy birthday. Ugh, why does she feel the need to call so early on birthdays? She's always done that, even when I was in my 20's and she knew we had gone out the night before.

My best friend Lori called at 9. Now see, she knows me. You don't call until I've settled in for the morning. Morning bathroom ritual, check, hot tea, check, time to settle in at computer, check. Ok, time to call Dawnya, check. That's why were best friends. :)

BBQ at my place Saturday. All is invited. Croquet playing is a must. I will be defending my Croquet Queenship. (I'm a dork and have made a croquet trophy *snort It's just a croquet mallet painted gold)

I got my hair cut and colored yesterday. It's cute. Short and wispy curly in the back and then comes down to points in the front. The crown is short so it gives me some height :)

I usually get money for my birthday and then poof it's gone and I don't know where it went. So I ordered multi-colored Fiestaware chili bowls online and will just deposit the money in my acct and wala birthday present.

I snuggled under a snuggly blanket lastnight and drank spiked hot cocoa while watching the debate. Diesel snuggled against my feet. It was a good night. :)

It's beautiful weather outside, so I hope everyone enjoys my birthday day as much as I'm going to. 4 more years til the big 50. Can't wait. I always do some big trip on the 0 birthdays so I look forward to it instead of dreading it :)

Adding - Rob called and directed me to a spot he had hidden a birthday card for me when he was home last. It had a Lush gift card in it. He said he knew he wouldn't be able to be home today but wanted to make sure I knew he was thinking of me, besides a phone call. I love that man. :)

And....my bosses sent me flowers :) They're purty.

Update: Bravie - HELP! Rob snuck in right before midnight - He wasn't due in until Saturday morning so that was a great surprise. He brought me a Wii and Wii Fit for my birthday. That's where Brave comes in. I have no clue :) Rob's in the floor, mumbling to himself on hooking it up right now. He has a 360 so I'm regulating him to the tiny little portable tv to play his games :)

8 comments:

Paul said...

Happy birthday, hon!

Swami said...

Happy Birthday, Tummy!

The hidden birthday card is very cute.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

How awesome on the hidden gift card! Gifts at our house are usually a last minute thing! Congrats on the Wii also. We are considering one for our kids for Christmas, but the neighbors have one, so that is an opportunity for them to get out of the house..*snicker*

Puffy said...

How nice of both Bre and Rob. I love the idea of hiding the birthday card.

Will you send me an address for Bre so that I can mail her a package?

Silvergirl said...

It sounds like you had a nice birthday, Tummy.

Tummy said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

I just want to tell everyone I love the Wii and the Fit! We had a ball with it on Saturday - except the dang thing says I'm 6 years older than I really am! :)

I've done an hour on it everyday since getting it. It kind of keeps you honest as it tells everyone how much you've worked out. *sigh

kim (weltek) said...

When you are done with Rob, I'd like to marry him, please.

Tummy said...

Ok Kim, but be forewarned, he'll be in "well used" condition by then *grin