Friday, October 10, 2008

Gallbladder and things

1. Gah! I thought kidney stones were bad. This sucks. And I so don't want to have surgery, though I know it's alot better than it used to be. The only time I've been in the hospital was to have my tonsils out when I was a kid and then to have Bre and that was almost 23 years ago!

But the latest attack was a doozy. For 3 hours I was in pain, like the kind of pain where you do the "I'm having a baby" breathing even tho you're not pregnant. The tossing your cookies because it hurts so bad, curling up on the bathroom floor because you're afraid to be too far from the bathroom type of pain. And then for the next 7 hours I moaned and was afraid to move much. A heating pad up against my stomach and a hot corn pad on my back (I didn't know gallbladders made your back hurt!)

After the cookout for all of our October birthdays - twin nieces, my mom's and mine - on the 18th I'm going in to have this thing yanked out!

2. Bre is at her permanent base. Not a "tricked out" one, darn it. But she does have access to email every once in a while.

3. I think my mowing should be done with for this year. Yay!

4. I have 5 or 6 freaking cats hanging around outside and this week I have been invaded by mice! I think because it's getting cold so they are coming in. I'm going to buy those traps where they go in and die. I don't want to see them, ick and I won't use the poison. Those stupid cats are worthless.

5. I love fall! :)

5.

7 comments:

frodis said...

I had my tonsils out when I was 20. Because I wasn't yet 21 I was in the pediatrics wing and there were teddy bears on my curtains.

I'm sorry about your gallbladder. A good friend of mine had to have hers out a couple of years ago. She couldn't eat dairy for a while afterward but she's all better now.

I love fall too!

Puffy said...

I think I heard perhaps maybe that if you don't have a gallbladder, then you won't have cholesterol problems. Your pain sounds miserable. I hope you won't get it again before the operation.

*hangs teddy bear curtains in Tummy's bedroom*

lights said...

1. Over 20 years ago I had a number of episodes that were just as you described. I always ended up at the hospital for a shot of Demerol to make the pain go away. They thought it was gallbladder but never really confirmed it. Eventually the problems went away.

I think it was all nerves. Before each episode I was under a great deal of stress and it's weird how it just went away without any surgery or drugs.

2. Darn it all. At least she has some access.

3. Dave just cut the grass here today. I am pretty sure this is the latest we've ever cut grass.

4. I could send Holly over...she's quite a mouser for a Shih Tzu. *grin*

5. Me too

5. This is where we add our own thing? When I eat pumpkin pie (which I'm doing right now) I eat the outside crust first then work my way in. Is that weird?

kim (weltek) said...

I had my gallbladder out a few years ago. BEST THING I EVER DID!

I built up over eight years and was having pain like you describe, to where it eventually was a constant ache.

Now? A few days of recovery and I was done-no post-surgery trouble! Doc said he almost had to cut further due to size of stones, but still just three small incisions did the trick. You won't regret it! Let me know if you have questions.

Breezy said...

Cats!?!?!? pfffttt, we had goats on our porch this morning.

Tummy said...

I'm ready for this stupid thing to be gone!

Breezy, I want a couple of fainting goats. *grin The sadistic part of me would be wanting to scare them all the time to make them fall over. But I'm thinking I wouldn't have to mow so much.

Bravie said...

I'm sorry about your gallbladder. Icky picky yuck.
But big smooches and big Happy Birthday to you. *birthday spank*