Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Part Six - Float trips and Bar tips


Top picture taken last summer - The nieces (drunkey on the left) and Bre with blond hair.
Bottom pic - Bre and Mike at the bar after float trip
I was dumb and forgot the waterproof camera I wanted to get at Walmart, so no pics of the float trip. Damn it. One of the big things I regret about the visit.


We got up early and were ready to go when my nieces showed up. One of which was still drunk from the night before, and yes I was totally disappointed with her. She wound up crawling into bed and not going, which her sister probably had way more fun without babysitting someone that was already starting out drunk.
.
So Rob and I have our kayak's (we learned long ago if we're going to stay married we do NOT share a canoe!). Mike and Bre have a canoe and Jill and Nikki were suppose to have one. But....we get one canoe with a third seat. In retrospect I should have reserved a raft...next time.
Mike had told me out of everything we had planned for the visit this was the one he was least looking forward too. Seems in Philly you don't go near the water, but he'd already been flyfishing so he knew the water was okay. He asked if there were bathrooms along the river. *snort Um, no honey, there are bushes. He also didn't want to get out of the canoe into the water and sink in muck. You won't I assured him.
.
So we meet up with brother and sil, and take the short bus trip to the entry point and get set up. And we're off. For about 20 feet. Mike, Bre and Jill....plop. Over they go. Along with most of the 3 point beer ( I was smart and kept the 6 point with me and Rob). We get them situated again and scoop up the beer and head off again. We're only doing the six miler as we've got 2 newbies with us and I don't think they can handle the 13 miler. From the beginning to the end those three went over about 7 times, most of the time for no earthly reason but for one of them leaning to far over the side to look at the fishies. Or Bre getting daring thinking she could pull herself back in. But I have to say, all three are happy while tipsy :)
.
It was a gorgeous day, lots of sun with a cool breezy. We all had a great time. And we have two new float trip enthusiasts.
.
So we get home and all take showers and head to Granny's Attic. Rob has most of the pics on his camera, one of these days I may post some but probably not. SIL got really drunk, as in porcelain goddess drunk, but still had a good time. We have new converts to Chocolate Cake Shots also :)
.
This was probably my favorite day of the whole trip, but Sunday was pretty fun also. I just had to work more.

3 comments:

Puffy said...

Fun! Sounds a little like my recent river rafting trip.

1. What is 3 point beer and 6 point beer?

2. What are chocolate cake shots?

I think Mike is now ready to go to Iraq, after his adventures with you!

Tummy said...

Glad you're reading Puff. Why is it that even though I'm writing this for myself it's more fun to share :)

1. 3 point (lower alcohol % is what they sell in the grocery stores in OK) Bud, Bud light, Miller, ect. 6 point is what you buy at the liquor stores (Honey Brown, Guiness, Dos Equis) ect, higher alcohol content.

2. Chocolate cake shots = yummo!
In a shot glass - 1/2 shot of vodka, 1/2 shot frangelico.
Take a slice of lemon, suck some of the juice into your mouth, hold it, toss back the shot, bite the lemon. Tastes like the most moist chocolate cake you've ever tasted. Lethal :)

I think we've opened up a whole new world to Mike :) He was asking how much land was an acre before leaving :) I think Bre was getting worried we'd turned her cityboy into a country bumpkin :)

MM said...

Wow, from now on I think I'll head over to your place for good times, lol! Sounds like a blast (minus the drinking too much part).

Tipping over would scare the crap out of me though.