Saturday, December 13, 2008

Salsa Dancing

I'm heading into Tulsa to spend the weekend with my bestfriend to shop and take our first salsa dance class. I'll let you know if I wind up in traction in some hospital somewhere.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Update: Ok, we went. Hooyaaaa. Where to start.......the instructor looked like Ricardo Montlban, well he did if you squished your eyes and made your vision go blurry. But his accent was spot on. Quite yummy.

I refused to wear a dress but did put on heals. Ouch, ouch and double ouch. I have blisters on my little toes. And I have really high arches and most heals arches suck unless you pay big bucks. Which I don't.

My calves had spasms that night. Good grief, what was I thinking!

I was thinking......Hell, yeah! We had more fun and laughed more than I can ever remember. For every blister, bump, bruise, ache or pain there is a good memory associated with it.

Was I any good? Well, let's put it this way. I can confidently say that I am better than Cloris Leachman *grin and my dance partner did not have to go to the hospital for foot surgery the next day. Other than that it's up in the air about how good.

I would definitely salsa again. With or without chips!

7 comments:

maroonclown said...

Ooooo. What fun!

I've always wanted to do the ballroom/latin dance classes but getting Carlos to agree is not ever going to happen.

Breezy said...

Did you survive?

Seana said...

Oh, that sounds so cool! Did you have fun?

I have wanted to learn to dance like a couple, but neither of us has any skill at that kind of thing.

Glowie said...

That sounds like such fun!

Swami said...

My DD is a salsa dancing queen. I think I would break something if I got carried away. Or pull a Cloris.

Silvergirl said...

My DH has said we will take dancing lessons someday. I don't know if someday will ever come, though.

It's his excuse for not dancing at weddings and parties - he needs dance lessons. I think it's up to me to get him there. :D

Tummy said...

My only advice to those who think they might ever do this.....buy some really good shoes!