Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pronouns

For the first time ever I am living by myself, well mostly. DH gets home for about 4 days every 6 weeks or so.

I went from living with my parents, to living with a room-mate in college, to living with my boyfriend-to-be-husband, to living as a single parent with Bre, to living with Bre and Rob, to living with ME.

At first I didn't really like living with ME. ME bored me to tears. Me and I watched ALOT of TV and we read and we slept and we worked. But after living with ME for almost 6 months now I'm starting to like living with ME.

We quit watching sooooo much TV for starters. And started doing things. We walk the dog, we've gotten back into painting and gardening. We've even bought a bike. We're going to Curves, even though we don't exactly like doing that. We clean, eat, do laundry whenever we want Even if it's 2 am. In fact WE are turning into I. And I kind of like I.

In fact I think it's taken almost 46 years to find out that I can do almost anything I thought it took WE to do. Except I couldn't get the damn sofa carried in from truck to livingroom. That did take a WE!

I sometimes wonder when I turns into WE again if I'll have trouble adjusting.

I have to say that sex is still better as a WE.

5 comments:

Breezy said...

*giggle* Sex is much better as WE.

Zombs said...

What's this? Tummy blog? Welcome to blogland!!!!

kim (weltek) said...

I've heard very similar things from military wives. They miss their SO, but get very used to living single. It's a very, very difficult transition for both parties when the spouse returns.

I'll admit, I'm a little jealous of your me time.

Buggy said...

I think that is wonderful!
What a great time in your life to get in touch with you, to learn to like your own company.

I lived by myself for about a week, and then my Mom moved in.

Maybe someday I'll do it again before I am too old to.

Puffy said...

It may be a difficult transition when he's done working on the road.

When it's "we," we want "I." When it's "I," we want "we."