Friday, April 18, 2008

Compliments

I'm going to start this post saying I have no idea how often I'm going to post. I didn't plan on posting everyday and still don't. But as wonders will never cease I actually have something to say today.

I received lastnight what may be the biggest compliment of my life. In fact I'm pretty sure it was THE biggest compliment I've ever received. And I don't even think the giver realizes what a huge honor he gave me.

The phone rang around 7ish. I was recording Survivor while cleaning out my fridge, ugh. I knew it was Bre by the ringtone, otherwise I would have just let it go to VM. So we chat for a minute and then she tells me that Mike, her boyfriend, needs to talk to me. I love Mike, I call him My Favorite Italian, in fact that's how he's listed in my cell. Keep in mind we've only met face to face for a two week time period while we were out there.

So anyways, Mike gets on the phone and we chat, then he tells me that he's done something I may not be too happy about. Okay. .. He starts off by saying he knows Bre told me about his Mom coming out to Hawaii last week and what a disastrous week it was. She's an addicted gambler who has recently fallen off the wagon and they fought about it. She's lost her last 3 paychecks in Atlantic City. So then he tells me they had to go down to the post and fill out more papers for their trip to Iraq. After Bre put in her papers, Mike put in his. So when it came to the life insurance policy he didn't want to put his Mom as beneficiary because he thinks she'd blow it all and he's just starting to re-connect with his Dad, so he put me. He asked if anything happened to him that I make sure his brother and sister were taken care of. They're underage.

I told him I wasn't upset and that absolutely nothing was going to happen to him! And then asked that he look into setting it up as a trust or something. I also asked that he tell his mother what he did if he can't get it situated differently. But that if anything did and it stayed the same that I promise on my life I would take care of it the way he wanted and that I love him like a son. He said he wished I were his Mom and I told him that would be kind of weird since he's dating my daughter. We laughed and then he gave the phone back to Bre.

I'm still blown away that this guy that I adore would put that much trust in me. I have to say that I will be greatly disappointed if he's not my son-in-law one of these days!

And before I go I just need to say..........OZZY, YOU'RE A DUMBASS!!!! Whew I feel so much better.

2 comments:

Buggy said...

Oh wow, Tummy!
Oh gosh, such a huge compliment, and I think you have another kid now. I hope he is your son in law too, but even if not, he's one of yours.
Such a good Mom you are!

And I haven't seen Survivor yet, stupid thunderstorms, they didn't show it til 12:30, so I recorded it. I KNEW I should have stayed off the net this morning.

Puffy said...

He paid you a huge compliment. You're right about a trust. If he can't get a trust made in time, or if it's too expensive, perhaps he could put in writing his feelings about why he is making you beneficiary and what he wants you to do with the money concerning his brother and sister.