Thursday, September 2, 2010

Was hoping for a better month

I'd planned on having Kayla stay with me for a few days this week. She could use a break and so could Mom. But her counts hit a record low of 300 so she's homebound for a while.

The doctor said that the first month the steroid could give a false positive high count, which it did. So now that she's off the steroid her true counts are showing. Which means she's basically at home. This treatment lasts for 56 days, but hopefully her counts will rebound before this leg of the treatment is up.

The math teacher is her homeschool teacher. She visited yesterday and will come twice a week. Mainly it's just the core subjects they'll be pushing and electives she can either do or not. I hate it, because she'd just found a love of drama last year and now can't participate. Stupid disease!

She's still just lightly shedding, no dramatic hair loss yet. Thank goodness.

Dad is going to resume visitation soon, which will be good for Mom. She's been carrying alot on her shoulders.

Anyway, I'm glad a sucky summer is almost over. Sorry Boo.

2 comments:

Puffy said...

I agree about the sucky summer. I thought summers were supposed to be carefree and fun and winters were a drag. Not so this year.

Tummy said...

Puffy - I don't believe in the stars alignment and all that stuff but I know more people who have had a truly awful summer this year. It's like June hit and things fell apart for alot of us! Besides Kayla I've taken some brutal hits personally and feel like I've got 10 rounds with a pretty good boxer. I'm hoping that with a new season brings new energy.

And hugs to you!