Thursday, August 5, 2010

Good News

Kayla's test for the Philadelphia chromosome was negative. Which is really good news. ALL is harder to treat with the Philly chromosome present.

Her good counts are up and bad counts are down - which means she's responding to treatment and they're not going to have to go the more aggressive route at this time.

Her hair is not falling out as rapidly as the doctor predicted. She has a light shedding going on. I'm not saying anything but I do have my fingers crossed that she's in that itsy bitsy teeny percentage that doesn't lose it all.

Her mood and attitude is improving. Although she had a minor breakdown after realizing she has a double chin, from the prednisone. She's also gained 8 lbs, also from the steroid.

I've bought a cool scarf that I'm bedazzling and painting. Hopefully it will never see the light of day.

4 comments:

Swami said...

Good News indeed!

Here's hoping Kayla gets to keep her hair.

Puffy said...

I had to google "Philadelphia chromosome." This is great news and I hope it continues. Perhaps she'll decide to be a doctor, due to this experience.

kim (weltek) said...

All of that sounds like positive news! Let's hope for a "best case scenario" the whole journey.

Anonymous said...

That's great news!