Monday, November 2, 2009

*stretch, groan

I still haven't been able to get the kinks out from sleeping on a hospital cot for 3 nights. I tried to entice Rob to play Naughty Masseuse lastnight, but he guessed that my nefarious plan was to fall asleep about an hour into it. *grin He did just get back from helping my brother put a new rear-end into his truck, so I'll give him some slack on not falling for it.

Mom has two new hip now - yippee. One thing I've learned over the past few years - be kind to your joints, especially you hips and knees! Although, after going to rehab with her I think I'd rather get a hip than a knee. I felt sorry for all the knee people. Mom was the only hippy in the group, I think they were all envious.

I'm enjoying the cooler non-mowing weather. It gets a little warm during the day and then chilly at night. Makes October my favorite month of the year.

I have a VW Beetle that has that crap called Soft Touch on the doors and dash. Now that she's getting a bit older, those are the areas that's starting to show her age. So I cruised around the web and found that plain old rubbing alcohol will take it off without hurting the plastic underneath. Well that and a LOT of elbow grease. She's slowly starting to look better.

With Mom's surgery and my MIL just having her knee replaced 3 weeks ago I've offered to make all the side dishes for Thanksgiving. We'll take dinner over to my Mom's early in the day and then go over to MIL's late that afternoon. I'm going to try very hard not to get frazzled and stay in a positive place.

Ok - that's about all the rambling thoughts I have right now.

2 comments:

Silvergirl said...

Good for your Mom. I hope it heals quickly. You can be kind to your joints, but they still wear out. I blame hormones (see your previous post, lol.)

I am in love with October weather, also. I love the coolness of the night. We have been keeping the heat off most days, but that will change soon.

I am so spoiled when it comes to Thanksgiving. I actually like cooking a turkey, but SIL does it every year, and I usually just bring a dessert. They usually request my apple crisp.

If you do wind up in VA on a trip, let me know. Maybe we could meet.

Puffy said...

The bionic family!