Monday, November 23, 2009

*sigh

Political/Religious post to follow - Beware.



The following is an excerpt from an email from a family member to Bre -

Bre - what I would like for you to do is get involved with a Bible believing church. If that pastor is up on the agenda of the present administration he may enlighten you. Usually a family member won't be believed and it takes an outside person to turn on the light of truth. I will be praying that you will be strong enough in the Lord to be able to see what is taking place in what will be the "New World Order" that Obama will be president of one of these days. If you were a student of the last book of the Bible "Revelation" and the teaching of the "End of Times" you would be able to understand and see that Obama is going to be very much a part of the beginning of the Tribulation."

It goes on, but isn't that enough to make you shiver? This is coming from a close and usually rational, Baptist-going family member.

She called me - upset. After we talked she sent back a reply that simply stated she did not want any further emails either religious or political. So far so good. It'll be interesting to see how Christmas goes.

*sigh

10 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Ack! *hugs for Bre* The crazy, proselytizing family member hopefully got the message.

kim (weltek) said...

Oh, and speaking of crazy religious peeps...
My gratingly-frugal MIL decided to send out Christmas "postcards" this year that were handmade from cutting the fronts off cards she'd received in the past. Great, except some of them have writing from the former senders on them and they are too big to be actual postcards so everyone is getting "postage due" notes with their cards.

Perhaps this is indicative of why she "quit" (was going to get fired) after two weeks at the Post Office.

frodis said...

Wow.

I was behind a car yesterday wth a license plate holder that said, "In case of rapture, this vehicle will be unmanned." I couldn't decide if it was supposed to be funny or serious.

Kim, that Christmas card thing is funny. Weird and aggravating, but I'm sorry, funny. Especially the cards with writing. Does she just scratch it out?

Tummy said...

Kim - I agree with Fro - that's pretty funny. :)

Anonymous said...

Um, wow.

Anonymous said...

Kim, I think it's really funny.

kim (weltek) said...

Excellent, so I can send her to YOUR houses for the holidays. She'll be thrilled!
:-)

Swami said...

As opposed to a non-bible believing church? Yeah - stuff like that makes me shiver. Or cry - whatever. I hope family member can keep their apocalyptic zeal under control during any family gatherings planned. One of my in-law relations is an apocalypse fan but she doesn't talk to me much anymore. Problem solved!

So Kim, my idea of creating a "hand-made" Christmas card for Boo needs to be re-thought?

Breezy said...

Wow! Poor Bre.

Puffy said...

Tummy's and Kim's relatives...
hmmmm. Old greeting cards make great craft projects for kids. Tell MIL to give them to a senior citizens home. I wouldn't put Tummy's family member near my kids. Your response was a good one.