Monday, September 15, 2008

Your mission, should you choose to accept it.....

I'm taking a 6 week writing course thru the local college here. You know, one of those adult learning classes. I figure it will work areas of my brain that have been left to atrophy for far too long.

So our first homework assignment is to write a paper describing a loved one. But you can only use colors, scents and spices to describe them. I have a week to do this and will probably not work on it until the weekend, but if you want to play have at it. :)

It's going to take me a bit to figure out if I want to describe Rob or Bre, or if I'll do what I normally do and pick both of them and see which paper I like the best.

Do you have a chartreuse you love or maybe a saffron, does the scent of a campfire bring to mind someone you used to love?

I have to admit, I think I'm going to enjoy this class. The teacher is animated and fun.

9 comments:

Bravie said...

Interesting idea. I don't know if I could do it or not.
Funny things, I have a draft waiting in my blog and this was my title. So now I am going to change it a bit to say a task instead of a mission. I don't want to look like a copycat.
My mission was different than this one though.

kim (weltek) said...

Bravie is like chocolate pudding with the secnt of manure.

Tummy said...

Snort at both of you. And you know, braves, gmta :)

Puffy said...

That sounds like an interesting, thought-provoking assignment. I'm uncreative, though.

frodis said...

I love this assignment. I did a lot of writing in college and I always liked assignments like this. It didn't always turn out well, but it was fun.

Good for you for taking a class!

Julia said...

I certainly don't know any writers.

...

HA! FOOLED YOU!

Writing is life. Writing is AWESOME.

And I could describe just about anything without telling you too much.

Anonymous said...

This does sound very cool. I think I hve mentioned before yellow for my son.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, the more I think about this, the more I want to use it as a "two for." Would that be okay - i will give you credit of course.

Tummy said...

Of course Boo and you don't need to give ME credit, as I'm not the prof :)