Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Copper bathtubs and other stuff



See these? I want them, well not both of them but one of them. Wouldn't a Lush bath be fabulous in one of these tubs. Yummmm.
.
There's a store in Dripping Springs where if I could buy one of everything they carry I would die a happy woman. I sat in the top tub there, hey...I needed to make sure I fit nicely! They have this armoire that was this old heavy wood and the door was inlaid copper *sigh
.
I worked hard in TX and they are up and running. I was well paid and they took great care of me while I was down there (read well fed). My favorite place to eat was Mondola winery, the food was wonderful but the tasting room was even better.
.
I freaked out when I found a scorpion in my sink while I was washing my hands. I screamed like a girl, Heather came in, calmly took off a shoe and squished it like the little bug it was. Hey, I would have done that had I been wearing shoes!
.
Diesel and their Great Dane, Mojo, were buds by the second day *whew. It would have been a long 3 weeks otherwise.
.
Rob was home when I got back *big grin. We had a big picnic and float trip on Saturday of Labor Day and then on Sunday we knocked out a wall at my mom's. That! was fun! and it looks great. Anyone need a wall knocked down? I'm your girl. I know all about headers and support beams and whitchits and whatchits!
.
My house needs dusted badly. Three weeks closed up and it's dusty. Can't wait to see the next utility bill *grin
.
I'm all over the place with this post I know but.......
.
My new favorite wine is Canto Felice. It's a red but tastes like a white. It's quite yummy. I saved a bottle from everyone especially for Lush baths. Is that stingy of me?
.
My best friend and my sister are now divorcing. Not each other sillies. I'm relieved, but I'm also sad with the friends divorce as her husband and I always teased that we were long lost bro and sis as we're so similar in tastes. It'll be weird when she's with someone else for a while. And I hope I can substain a friendship with him. We'll see.
.
I was only going to be gone a week not 3, so my fridge was very scary when I got home! Ack.
If you all remember when I sold off everything way back when and went on the road with Rob you might remember me stressing over finding a home for Olivia, my Quaker parrot (who by the way masturbates like a hussy). Well, best friend wound up taking her. Now because of the divorce she's brought her back to me. Yay. She talks (I taught her to say "here kitty, kitty *snort) and laughs alot. They didn't take as good care of her as I would have liked but at least I wound up with her. She's got a vet appt to get her beak filed. Yikes.
.
Ok, I think I'm rambling. Hope I'm back for a while.

6 comments:

Breezy said...

I really like that top one!

MM said...

OMH! Those are gorgeous tubs. Man, they've come so far with bathroom stuff.

Bravie said...

I have never liked copper tubs. For some reason I feel like maybe they would be cold. I know that's stupid though. But I have alwasy loved the look of free standing tubs. Very purty.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are back, Tummy.

Interesting that you are "grinning" when you mention you and Rob were "knocking down a wall" and that it happened after being apart for so long.

I think I agree with Bravie, but they are pretty.

I am pretty PO'd about our water bill for the past two months. I thought we had cut back on the irrigation. Looks to me like it's been running extra. Grrr.

And our power bill was more than I would have expected with such a mild August. Hopefully September will be kind to me.

Puffy said...

Dripping Springs sounds like a town where everyone needs a tissue.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Lol @ puffy!

What an update! Lots of things happening, but glad you made it home safe and sound!