Saturday, August 9, 2008

Mish Mash

1. My sister has drug me into her affair and I'm totally ok with it for very selfish reasons. She called and asked me if she could park her car at my house for the weekend. Her and boyfriend are going to OKC and she wanted to ride with him. Before you start telling me I shouldn't have let her involve me two things a) her car is a 2008 Mini Cooper convertible Sidewalk edition - I made her leave the keys and told her I would be driving it all weekend (she turned a little green but handed them over) and b) I don't like her husband, he takes cheap shots at Rob every chance he gets and I can't stand him. *sigh I'm shallow.

2. I will be going back down to Austin Sunday and will be down there until the next Sunday. I'll be staying with my bosses, the doctor and the dentist. The plus to this visit is that since he's picking me up in his plane I get to take Diesel with me, Yay. I don't like leaving him so I'm much relieved they offered to let him come. The down side is that I don't know how much internet time I will have. Last time I had my old laptop with me and was at the Hilton, this time I don't know if they have wireless and I hate to tie up theirs, so.. The only down side to not traveling commercial is that it's a single engine plane and those make me a tad nervous.

3. I've scrubbed the house and trimmed the yard, so I'm hoping when I come back I can just fall apart. The one thing I'm sad about is that my tomatoes are just starting to produce, I planted late, and a week without water is going to toast them I'm afraid. These are the Cherokee Purple that are supposedly very finicky but I've got tons of babies. I'll just hope for the best.

4. I'm borrowing a car next Friday night and driving down to San Antonio to see my oldest friend (oldest as in length of time not age) and I'm totally excited. On a side note: what do you call a friend that up and into adulthood was your BFF, but it turns out that last F was false - you still consider her your childhood BF but now you have an adult BFF?

5. There's a new post up in Mystic's blog. Check it out. *hint

6. If I'm not around until next week I will miss you. and PS - Some of you - Alot of you - need to update your blogs!

6 comments:

Paul said...

Guys don't have BFFs, so I can't answer that one.

Have you s link to Mystic's blog? I don't have one.

Tummy said...

Cyg - go to pm's in OT and give me your email. It's a private blog so I'll have to send you an invite and then just follow the link.

*tilt head
Why don't guys have BFF's?

Paul said...

Why don't guys have BFF's?

We have BEERs instead. ;-)

Silvergirl said...

1. I can't blame you for wanting to drive the Mini Cooper convertible. The weather around here is perfect convertible weather.

2. I think wireless is becoming standard with room rentals. At least nice hotels like the Hilton. Love their bedding!

3. I've never heard of the Cherokee purples. I have been harvesting a few tomatoes almost every day. Fresh mater sammiches with cheese, lettuce, and mayo are the best.

4. I usually don't use the BF terminology. I guess some people who were needy have called me their BF, when they only wanted me to cater to them. It was so one sided that I don't call anyone BF anymore. The only people I consider very close to me are DH and DD.

5. Thanks!

6. I'd love to see more updates, too.

Have a safe trip, Tummy. It's awesome that they let you take Diesel.

Puffy said...

When you were a child, I don't think they called them "best friends forever," did they? Weren't they just "best friends?"

Do you have a neighbor or a friend of your daughter's who can take care of and pick the tomatoes?

I have an update in mind which I will do in a day or two. I also took pictures of the signatures on Sanjana Banana and will post them in Sanjana's blog sometime this week.

Have fun!

kim (weltek) said...

Hi Tums!

I love cleaning house before vacation, so I can come home and not feel behind right away.

Hope your trip to Austin went well!

Is your sister getting a divorce? I sure hope so.