Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bully?

You know, I didn't know if I was actually going to blog about this or not. I had to sleep on it, mull it around, let it sit for a bit. Did I actually care? or Was it just a bit of irritation that would fade rapidly, kind of like that damned mosquito bite on my arm?

So I did, I thought about it and there are things I want to say.

I was basically called a bully lastnight and while knowing who I was being grouped in with I didn't particularly have a problem with that, it did strike me as ridiculous. In the past there have been posters on a different sight that I have thought what they were posting was bullshit, sometimes I say something and sometimes I don't. If someone happens to agree with me when I do say Bullshit and post their opinions why does that make us into a group?, or even bullies in a group? I'm not even sure why the originals Bullies were deemed Bullies, although I suspect it's for the same reason as I am now classified as a Bully. How stupid.

I've never been called a bully before, hell I suppose I've been called lots of things, in fact the same person that called me a bully also implied I was a racist and a sexist, two other things that's totally laughable. All of this from someone I thought I got along with and have even had nice exchanges with, though alot of the times I think she uses bullying techniques to get her opinion across.

So do I care I've been called a bully, a sexist, a racist and maybe even a fucking bitch? Not so much, I know who I am and how I am. And from the pm's I received from people I haven't even really had alot of interaction with I'm starting to feel a little sorry for the person that's calling me a bully.

I did look up the definition for bully (hint: definitions are what some should use sometimes)

bul·ly 1

n. pl. bul·lies
1. A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people.
2. A hired ruffian; a thug.
3. A pimp.
4. Archaic A fine person.
5. Archaic A sweetheart.


So upon reflection maybe she meant I was a fine, sweetheart of a person. *head tilt, smile, bat eyelashes.......throws self on the ground laughing* Okay, or not.

12 comments:

frodis said...

Oh, for goodness sake. Don't tell me I have to go read that thread.

*smooch*

Bravie said...

I bet you're a homophobe too. Ya bitch!!!

On a serious note: The first time she called me a bully it really did bother me. I couldn't believe that I was being called a bully. ME. I hate bullies, I always have and in fact I have always in my life stood up to bullies even when it wasn't me they were bullying. I just don't stand for it. So when she called me a bully, it really did upset me.
I've tried to be nice to her and I have tried to like her. I think she is smart and can be funny and has some fun ideas. But she makes it impossible. She is a hypocrite of the highest degree. She too is a bully but doesn't realize it.
She's a bully becausee she tries to make people feel like less of a person when they don't agree with her. She uses the fact that she is smart to try and make others feel intellectually inferior. And so that makes her a bully.
I have finally learned to laugh her off. I like that she calls me a bully. Because the "clique" that she associates me with is a fucking fantastic group of women. Please, do group me with them. and name our clique whatever you would like. My guess is that she is actually jealous about not having the sort of personality that makes people want to group her in with them.
So yes, I laugh at her. and I feel sorry for her. and I understand why she has had the problems in her life that she has had. She is the constant when it comes to controversy. And that says a lot.
*smooch*

Cutsy said...

I had to go see what the ruckus was. I always avoid political threads and I avoid her posts in general.

I must say, however, that I dig the pink helmet!

dragonflies said...

I followed cutsy into it as well. I don't normally read political thresds either.

*sigh*

Tummy said...

Sorry to be part of the reason you ventured into the realm of ugly, guys.

Bravie - I tried to think of something witty to say about the homophobe, but I just got in from mowing and have sweat dripping from the end of my nose. It's hard to be witty when you're wet.

And thanks for posting that, it's pretty much how I feel.

*smooch

Julia said...

Am I a bully?

::headtilt::

Paul said...

My name is Cygnus, I'm a postaholic, and I've been OT-free for 4 months.

"Hi, Cyg!"

Tummy said...

Julia - you're as much of a bully as I am. Here's your bowling shirt. :)

Agman said he'd make everyone a Bully sigpic but thought we'd all be in trouble. *snort

Cyg - *gasp I was on a 3 1/2 year hiatus from OT. I missed it. Even with the dark underbelly.

Have a cookie and some lemonade on the way out. :)

Silvergirl said...

Lemonade and cookies? Thanks!

Don't worry about whatshername. We've got your back.

xoxox

kim (weltek) said...

*closely guards lunch*
I have no time for such things...I have mportant things to talk about like peep meets and movies. :-)

Is there a shallow girls club?

MM said...

Ooh! I want to join the shallow girls club, too!

Tummy, I assume I am part of the bully girlz club because a) I blog with them, and b) I've disagreed with her before. I believe that is the criteria. :)

I used to let her get under my skin but once my anger turned into pity, I was able to let it go and not care.

Bravie said...

Speaking of homophobes, there he is. :)