Monday, June 9, 2008

Rain, rain, go away

It's raining. Again. Pouring, in fact. And if it's not raining it's blowing. Ugh. It started raining at 1:32 am and hasn't let up. How do I know the exact time? I tend to look at the clock after I push a fuzzbutt off my face. Actually, to be accurate I should say it started thundering at 1:32 last night. Poor puppy.

I've been working from home for exactly a week now and so far it hasn't been fun. I've had server problems, phone problems and unreasonable patients. I guess the one really cool thing about working from home is that instead of having to drag my sorry butt out of bed this morning at 5:30, after a restless night of panting puppy, I rolled over and went back to sleep. Didn't get up until the first time the business phone rang at 9:30.

I have to get into "Bre's" room this week and "finish" the unpacking that I've been doing for 6 months. You know that old saying "outa sight, outa mind"? Yep, that's me. The rest of the house has been "done" since Christmas, but.......

I made Beef Stroganoff this weekend, sometimes (alot of times) I forget I'm the only one at home and still cook like there's still the three of us plus whatever kid has tagged along home with Bre. So I will be eating alot of Beef Stroganoff this week and freezing the rest. *sits here wondering how long it takes to break old habits*

Mike's coming home with Bre, and as much as I adore that boy he's a strange eater. No condiments, nothing white, no cheese, etc. How does an Italian from Philly not eat cheese?! Anyway, being the sweet person I am *snort* will try not to shock him with too many weird meals. And please say a little prayer that the weekend of the 21st and 22nd are nice and sunny. My house is too small for a party of about 25 to be stuck in doors. Plus floating is no fun in the rain.

I just finished "The Book of Air and Shadows" by Michael Gruber. It was a pretty good read, a little dry but all of his books are. I could see it being made into a movie, easily. It was a nice change for me. I tend to get into one genre and burn myself out.

7 comments:

Julia said...

Sorry about the grody weather...

I understand this "Mike" fellow's pickiness, as I, too, am very picky. I also don't eat cheese :) And there are precious few condiments I like - I find mayo revolting. This has come to a head with Steve before. He would IV-drip Miracle Whip if it wouldn't kill him.

::barf::

kim (weltek) said...

Picky eaters are so tough to cook for. Good luck!

I really hope the visit from Bre and the party bring awesome weather. I know you have big plans!

Mmm. Stroganoff sounds good.

Silvergirl said...

Send me some stroganoff, please?

We've had some heavy rain this past week. I wonder if your rain is coming this way. I hate these summer power outages.

It's hot and soupy here, for the most part.

Breezy said...

I'll take some stroganoff. *grin*

I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather for you.

We have flooding and roads washed out here. Hope the rain stops soon.

Tummy said...

Sending stroganoff out :)

I did find out that most things grilled Mike will eat, which is great because I grill ALOT. So grilled meats and veggies we will go agrillin'

Who would have thought I'd be deliberating over a menu for a picky eater, and one that is 22. I have always taught Bre, if I fix it you're going to eat it or you know how to fix a pbandj sandwich. Hrmph.

Anonymous said...

I hate rain. I feel like it should only rain between Midnight and 4 a.m., and it should be a quiet rain, with no storms.

I tend to cook way too much all the time as well. You can ship some stronganoff over here.

I hope your visit goes well. LOL about the picky eater.

dragonflies said...

I like Boo's rules about rain. I've had about enough.

I'm not a picky eater at all, so I'll be happy to take some of that stroganoff.

We have 3 separate things to do on the 21st, so I'm hoping for good weather for us as well as for you!