Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sofas


The only thing Rob and I have ever bought new was his truck and an entertainment center. Alot of our furniture he had previous to us. His parents dealt in antiques so I'm not saying we don't have some cool stuff but it's definitely not new.


I have always wanted leather livingroom furniture. So for the past six months I've worked ALOT of overtime and every penny that wasn't spent on Christmas went to new livingroom sofas. Yay, I now have 2 new leather, overstuffed sofas in butter soft leather. The color is rich, the name...cabernet. Doesn't that sound scrumptious?


I went home from work yesterday with rain pouring down. Ran up the steps, opened the door and sighed with pleasure just looking at them. After getting comfy in sweats, I grabbed my pillow, book and a throw I bought especially for my new sofas. Snuggled in and before I knew it was fast asleep. Best nap I've ever taken.


Best thing about them is I can look at them and have something tangible for the work I've done and knowing we reached a goal, albeit a small goal it's still a goal accomplished.


stock photo - ours is double pillowback and NOT recliners and they're cabernet

4 comments:

Julia said...

I love a good couch.

I JUST got a couch that was custom ordered in November by mom and I. Mom said I deserved to have a real "grown-up" piece of furniture (I basically had the college kid set-up - everything Ikea or bought from a consignment shop), so she and I put some money together and ordered this gorgeous blue microsuede couch for my living room.

I had forgotten about the 7 additional throw pillows we ordered with it. It is sooo over-the top "nice furniture" now. But damn I love it. Totally self-indulgent, and the couch looks gorgeous in my apartment.

Congrats on the leather. That stuff is com-fay!

Debcapsfan said...

Now I really want a nap. It looks lovely. And I would love that cabernet color.

kim (weltek) said...

*streeetch*
*nap*

Nice-gutsy to go for cabernet. I love a good redish color.

Very similar to mine (I got wimpy black), only you were smart and didn't get high back cushions. My cats have selectively beat down the tops of the cushions and now ours look funny. :-)

Puffy said...

Oooh, I can picture you in leather.