Tuesday, December 1, 2009

what ifs

Ever had those what if moments?

I recently reconnected with a college friend. He was probably my closest guy friend in college. The one that nothing romantic ever happened with and when you look back you wonder why and realize you probably were a dumbass for not going there. :)

Anyway, we were reminiscing the other day and we both laughed that we'd never even kissed. Which is probably a good thing because we've fallen back into that easy comraderie. But after the conversation if made me wonder "what if".

Not that I wouldn't want to be married to Rob. But it's strange how something as small as a kiss could have changed my path. Makes me wonder about all the little decisions I made without knowingly making them that lead me here.

He did make me laugh and feel good when he said he could remember the day we met at Teke Beach. I had on a yellow bikini (I have no idea if that's even correct) and he had to go get in the lake. *snort Those were the days. Sadly, Teke Beach is no longer there. It fell to the progress of a 4 lane highway. *sniff

4 comments:

frodis said...

You what's nice about "what if" moments? You can go ahead and extrapolate all sort of good things from them and get a warm fuzzy and ignore that there might have been anything bad.

Or maybe that's a bad thing about "what if" moments.

Anonymous said...

LOL at you both.

The last time I went to therapy, I didn't leave until after 5 p.m. This made it difficult to make a left turn, so I went right. As a result, I had to cut through the old apartment building where I lived post-Chuck and pre-Michael.

I had a neighbor, Jeff. He was sweet and cute. I was still pining for Chuck. I thought I was ready to move on and started to flirt with Jeff. I would do things like walk my roommate's dog when I knew Jeff would be coming home, etc. It worked.

Jeff was so sweet, so romantic. He asked me to dinner, which he cooked himself. That night we had a really nice time. We kissed, nothing more. I went out with him another time or two. Then one day a letter shows up from Chuck indicating he was moving back to Richmond. I dropped Jeff like that. He tried to talk some sense into me but, as I explained, he just didn't understand.

Chuck wanted no "relationship" at that time. He didn't seem to mind hooking up, but he didn't want anything else. By the time I realized it, I was too ashamed to try to go back to Jeff. And he had moved on.

Tummy said...

*sigh

I'm melancholy today.

Silvergirl said...

If the guy remembers a yellow bikini, it must have been yellow.

You need to post more, lol.

I have a few what if relationships, too. But I'm happy with my present situation.