Sunday, September 27, 2009

More time on my hands















































So I re-did the spice cabinet into a magnetic piece of art :) and then moved on to the bathroom. I forgot to take "Before" pic before unloading the room. Oh well. You can see it was a hideous green, the tub hardwear was ok but old brass and it was dark.



























I still want to hang a different light fixture but this is a huge improvement. And I love the see-through shower curtain, let's in alot more light.




The color comes off as white in the pics but it's a warm, creamy, butter yellow with copper ceiling and sponging. I had to sponge the bottom as it had many spots where badly executed repairs had happened and the walls showed blemishes. But I didn't want to sponge the whole wall and I don't like straight lines. Was going to do a wavy pattern but that would have taken forever to tape off so this is it.



Next step is getting rid of all the mis-matched towels. Rob's going to be glad when I go back to work so I quit spending money!








Can't wait to take my first Lush bath tonight. I've moved all the towels to the RR luggage rack above the toilet as in pic and the shelf that was holding the towels is getting a cool copper basket filled with candles.




And, yes Boo, the showerhead is now hanging as it should. I had to let it hang for a bit to straighten the kinks. You never notice those things as you're taking the pics. *grin

10 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Ooh, that's one of the most interesting bathrooms I've seen. And I mean interesting in a good way. I'm that person that's not very inspired by bathroom decorating, so I envy your vision!
Much better than the green!

Breezy said...

Can you come and do my kitchen and bathroom now, please?

Tummy said...

kim - whew, I was glad that "interesting" was in a good way. I keep thinking someone is going to say "oh, I really like the green better".

Breezy - on my way. Do I get to sponge again?

Breezy said...

You can do whatever you want!

Swami said...

I love the irregular sponged 'wainscotting' (is the the right word?) but I would have gone with wavey edges since I like curves more than corners & points. The points look sharp to me.

You really have put a lot of time into home renos lately, haven't you? Rob should be happy for the ton of money you have saved by doing so many things yourself!

I bought a full-length mirror for the guest bedroom yesterday. I wasn't planning to, but it was a beautiful, bevelled 5ft tall mirror in an attractive black laquer frame for only $58! Suddenly I needed a mirror in the guest room.

Tummy said...

I would have liked curves better too - that is if someone ELSE was doing the taping off. :)

Puffy said...

New career...decorator? Very nice and what a difference!

Anonymous said...

I was afraid the green was the new when you said you didn't take before pictures. :)

Our living room was green when we moved in. That was the first thing to go.

I never actually notice certain things until you point them out. :)

I like clear shower curtains too. Ours is completely clear.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I like it all. Good work Tummy!

maroonclown said...

Brilliant! It's gorgeous. And it didn't take you 6 months like mine did.

Kudos to you.