Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Reunion :) at The 'Quah

Part One -

We picked Bre up 2 hours later than we were suppose to, delayed flights. So that previous title should have read 7 and one half hours. But it was worth the wait. And yes, I gave her a great big long hug. I didn't cry but I may have sniffled.

She looked so good ( I left my camera in Virginia Beach - Bre's sending it, so as soon as I get it I'll post pics), little on the skinny side but great.

So we did the whole family whirlwind affairs - dinner at my mother-in-laws. She did filets with mushrooms, a cream chive sauce and stuffed mushrooms. All were new recipes she'd seen on the food network and printed off. We were like chickens with our heads cut off as none of us knew any of the recipes. We almost wound up with parsley in the chive sauce and chives in the mushrooms. On top of everything we were doubling all the recipes and we kept forgetting that as we were cooking, so we'd double at the beginning and then forget half way thru then have to go back and add more of something. We now have a new rule - Only one knew recipe per dinner! It did turn out delicious though! And memorable :)

We had a washout with my family on Sunday. It was suppose to be a cook-out and then it poured buckets, so I changed it to a cook-in and started stressing. So I took a deep breathe and told everyone to get their raincoats and we went to Chili's. I drank a margarita and un-stressed. We then went back to the house, broke out the wine and the boardgames. I then proceeded to drink Bre under the table. She may be a war veteran but she "don't" have nuttin' on her mom when it comes to holding her wine. :) She's a very loving drunkey and takes really long showers when she's that way - I was impressed with my water heater.

Monday she and I and Rob just chilled out. We grilled some steaks, went to the movies and just visited. It was a nice quiet day and made me nostalgic for those high school years.

Tuesday we left for Tybee Island. I asked Rob to make sure he watered my basil and strawberries which were doing great - he didn't. Bad Rob.

I'll be back to post about Tybee. It involves Miley Cyrus. You can take that as a good thing or a bad thing.

5 comments:

Glowie said...

yay. Good times. Dinner at MIL's sounds like it was delish. Can't wait for pictures!

Breezy said...

Can't wait for the pics, either.

kim (weltek) said...

You are so wise. The Chili's move sounded like a good one. LOL at Bre and her long showers. Chris sits down in the shower when he's hungover and they last a very long time. :-)

I was reading my Bon Apetite mag last night and decided I need to pick at least one recipe per issue to cook or I never will. I otherwise just use it for inspiration, but sometimes I need to just do the darn recipe. I just refuse to do the recipes where you first have to make a fancy stock, then make the actual dish. How much time do these people think I have? The canned/boxed/granuled stuff isn't the same, but there are some good ones out there.

Sorry about the basil and strawberries. My basil was wilty yesterday. I hope the water perked it back up.

Can't wait for the Tybee pics and stories! I think Miley Cyrus is kind of a little annoying tart right now, but I think she'll be just fine when she's a little older. She seems to just be anxious to grow up right now, which is to be expected.

Swami said...

It all sounds like a wonderful family time. Just what your heart needed!

I can only double a recipe if I write the doubled amount down right beside the original amount. Otherwise I am screwed.

I have never seen my adult daughters tipsy. That would be interesting.

I am so glad you had such a nice reunion with Bre!

No opinion on Miley. Her singing is fine but I don't follow her life at all.

Puffy said...

I just found this and am reading before the next post. Sounds wonderful. LOl at the lonnnnggg shower! We ate at Chili's tonight.