Wednesday, June 3, 2009

All About The Kid ..previously titled: Change of plans

Bre's not coming in until the 11th. I don't blame her -- Mike leaves on the 11th for 5 weeks of training, so they are wanting to spend as much time together as possible before he leaves. I can understand that especially since they spent so much time apart in the last year.

Mike is staying active attached to the Seals, while Bre has chosen to go Reserves and use the money from the GI Bill to finish her bachelors. She's then going to apply to the Navy's Medical Program to become a Psychologist with the Navy. They both plan on retiring from the Service. Though I don't think Mike will enjoy it if Bre makes him salute her. *grin

I think she'll be going to Norfolk State U or Virginia Wesleyan College. You don't know how much I'll enjoy being a Mom to a college kid. She can combine her 1 week a month for the Reserves into a month long summer stint because of her rate.

She and Mike just bought a house. They basically did it over the internet and phone with a relator and a friend. So when they arrived in VA all they had to do was closing. I can't imagine doing something this big, in that way. *shakes head But they are happy and I am proud of them both.

She did splurge on a new tv. A 52" Sony flat. I hope her livingroom is big enough!

So after the trip to Tybee Island we are headed to Virginia Beach. I'm going to pick up some perennials for a house warming gift and we're going to shop for paint. I told both of them they were going to start getting power tools and stuff like that for birthdays and Christmas. Hey, if you're going to be a home owner you got have that stuff, right?

8 comments:

Puffy said...

This new start for them sounds exciting!

Breezy said...

Wow! Such exciting stuff.

Swami said...

Isn't it great to have Bre fairly close-by - and doing all the needful & exciting things to build her future? You must be so very proud of her.

And yes - homeowners need all kinds of tools. Yard & garden tools too!

Glowie said...

{{{HUG}}}

You must be so proud.

yvonne said...

You done good, Tummy! Bre is a great person and you have every right to be so proud.

I buy shoes and purses and jewelry and chocolate over the internet. Don't think I could ever buy a house over the internet. Talk about a leap of faith! Good for them.

kim (weltek) said...

Wow-sounds like they are really motivated and have great plans! I can see you being a good college mom. :-)

The house thing would've freaked me out, too. Hope it works out for them!

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

I too would have freaked out buying a house over the internet... what a brave girl!

Anonymous said...

No way I would buy a house on the internet, but hey she picked a great state!

This does sound exciting and fun. Congrats Tummy Tummy on raising a fine daughter.